Tuesday, February 12, 2013

peaks, pits, praises, prayers

I filed the original post for this one under "cool random stuff" on Pinterest.



I don't keep a physical journal, because I have a phobia of someone (i.e. my husband) finding it; actually, he doesn't even know about this blog...shhhhhh! Hey, a girl has to have a little mystery to her, right?! ;)

Since I don't have a physical journal, I figure I can just do this one right here on my blog.

Here we go!

1. THE PEAKS: It's my birthday!! Got lots of bday wishes on Facebook, via email, on the phone, from my students and from my co-workers. Didn't work too hard today - just had some fun in the classroom! Picked up some bday freebies at Qdoba (chips and salsa) and Caribou (a medium blended white chocolate mocha). Watched some funny YouTube videos. Looking forward to getting spoiled by my hubby tonight.

2. THE PITS: My neck and shoulder have been killing me all day. I had neck surgery a couple years ago, and this is the worst it has bothered me since then. I think I'm suffering from bursitis caused by lugging around a car seat and a toddler day in and day out. A follow-up visit to my orthopedic surgeon may be in order!

3 PRAISE: I'd like to thank God for my boys: Evan, 2, and Noah, 3 months. Hearing Evan try to sing "Happy Birthday, Mommy" nearly brought tears to my eyes. This is such a precious time in life!

4. PRAYER: I just found out my friend's mother was recently diagnosed with cancer (she didn't provide any details) and is having surgery this Friday. I pray that the procedure goes smoothly and she is on the road to recovery soon!


2 comments:

  1. New follower here:-)
    ♡,
    Riza

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOohoo! I'm so excited to have my first follower! Thanks for joining! I am going to be blogging about food tonight! :) I'll be sure to return the favor and check out your blog tonight!

    ReplyDelete