Sunday, February 10, 2013

diy bird nest necklace

I'm not sure what my first Pinterest project was. I'll have to go back through my pins to figure that out. While I can't recall my first project, there are quite a few that really made an impression. I'd like to start my blog off with a bang, so I'll dedicate my first real post to my favorite project so far: the DIY bird nest necklace.

//diy bird nest necklace original pin//

I stumbled across these beauties right when I was looking for relatively inexpensive DIY Christmas gifts for some of my girlfriends. I am *so* not crafty, and I'm actually kind of impatient, but this seemed quick, straightforward - completely doable.

I bought individual chains, but you could just buy a really long chain and cut it; you'd just need jump rings to close off the ends and connect them together. I chose convenience over frugality here, though - totally worth it, by the way!

I also had to buy 24 gauge wire and a container of assorted glass beads.

I won't bore you with the instructions; you can refer to the original post for those. But I will show off my finished product!


I already gave away all the other necklaces I made as gifts. I think some of those turned out way better. I used up the best beads making the other necklaces, so I did the best I could with what was left when I made this one for myself. I feel like I could have wrapped the wire a little looser and made it look a little fuller, but I like it.

I highly recommend this project. For about $30-40, you can make necklaces for 6-8 people. Everybody was truly touched by their gift. I mean, heck, who doesn't like to receive a one-of-a-kind work of art?!  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment